Erosion and Sediment Control Tip #34

 

I’m going to get on my soapbox again:

 

Those who know me, know that I spent over 35 years with USDA/NRCS working with private landowners to help them solve natural resource issues on their property.  My former co-workers and I have often stated that you can determine how well a property owner is going to maintain conservation practices by taking note of the general appearance of the farm.  Now that I have worked a few years in the Erosion and Sediment Control world, I believe the same can be said about erosion and sediment control practice installation and maintenance on a construction site.  Sites like this one shown here should NOT be happening in 2022!

 

Perry L Oakes, PE

Erosion and Sediment Control Program Coordinator

AL Soil and Water Conservation Committee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alabama Irrigation Initiative Making a Difference in the Wiregrass

Erosion and Sediment Control Tip #54

Erosion and Sediment Control Tip #52